Sunday, February 23, 2014

Celeb Books Are On The Way!

(from usatoday.com
by Lindsay Deutsch)


(Photo: Matt Sayles Matt Sayles/Invision/AP)

Love celebrities? Love books? You're in luck. Today, three celeb book deals were announced -- including two children's books. Here's the rundown:

Scholastic will publish a holiday picture book by musical husband-wife duo (and proud parents of twins Monroe and Moroccan) Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey. Roc and Roe's Twelve Days of Christmas will be released this fall, so you can hum along to Carey's All I Want for Christmas is You (the Jimmy Fallon version, of course) until then.

Delightfully deadpan comedian and actor Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation's Ron Swanson) is back with his second book. Dutton has acquired the not-yet-titled book, which will "highlight approximately 25 figures from U.S. history" that Offerman thinks of as his "personal pantheon" of Great Americans. Find out more about Offerman's first book, Paddle Your Own Canoe -- and his penchant for meat, mustaches, manliness and woodworking -- in my Q&A with him from last year.

And "Real Housewife"/cocktails entrepreneur/book-selling maven Bethenny Frankel is trying her hand as the author of a new picture book. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers will publish Frankel's first books for kids, a sibling story called Cookie Meets Peanut, due out on Sept. 9. Frankel has had three books hit USA TODAY's Best-Selling Books list: Skinnydipping (No. 107 in 2012), A Place of Yes (No. 42 in 2011) and Naturally Thin (No. 51 in 2009).

Of course, more star-powered books are on the way in 2014. Here are a few that are coming out in the next couple months:

One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B.J. Novak (Feb. 4)
Uganda Be Kidding Me by Chelsea Handler (March 4)
Success Through Stillness: The Simplest Path to Meditation by Russell Simmons with Chris Morrow (March 4)
The Woman I Wanted to Be by Diane Von Furstenberg (March 4)
Rich Man, Poor Man: A Memoir by Nick Nolte (March 25)
Everybody's Got Something by Robin Roberts with Veronica Chambers (April 1)
Unbreak My Heart: A Memoir by Toni Braxton (April 1)
Dirty Daddy: The Chronicles of a Family Man Turned Filthy Comedian by Bob Saget (April 8)
It Ain't Over . . . Till It's Over by Marlo Thomas (April 8)
Love Life by Rob Lowe (April 8)
Untitled Memoir by Jason Priestley (April 15)

2 comments:

  1. I think I'll pass on the Roc and Roe's Christmas book. Thanks Mariah and Nick, but no thanks!! I would love to read about Diane Von Furstenburg and Jason Priestly's Memoir (90's girl here!!!).

    You stopped by my blog a few days ago and asked for blogger advice. I would be happy to help (although I don't know how much help I would be). I didn't design my blog. I paid a blog friend $50 to do it... but I do have a lot of tips and tricks and website tutorials that I've used and would be happy to share. Email me at pinkpolkadotmichelle at yahoo dot com if you want any of the links or have anything specific you were wondering about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!! I would pass too. I just report. Sometimes I comment. I'm an 80's girl. Thank you you are the FIRST person to get back to me about any kind of help. It means a lot. I will be contacting you. I am on a waiting list for someone to do my blog but she is a bit expensive. Worth it though. But that is what I was hoping someone could either do it or help me out with the tools on Blogspot. I will let you know the specifics. Thank you again for stopping by. :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete